3/01/2012

More information on the Sturtevant...


It's interesting how a search for one bit of information often leads me to another.  I have been looking for more information about my post on the Sturtevant with the all steel fuselage.  I found this photo while looking into the death of Steve MacGordon, covered in my last post.  They titled it the Sturtevant All-Steel Battleplane.  It appears to be in the same parade where Curtiss displayed his planes.  I'll post some photos of the parade soon.

Armed with that information, I found this article in the Aero Club's newsletter, "Flying".  This amazing plane had all steel construction in the fuselage and riveted, brazed or welded steel members throughout the entire structure, and was the brainchild of Grover Loening.


-kpw



No comments:

Post a Comment